Questions and Answers:Finding the best attorney services can be very difficult and we provide you with information and a portal to making that decision easy. We at InfoFAQ have asked the experts some frequently asked questions about finding attorney services online.
Frequently Asked Questions About Attorneys Online
1. Is it best to look up a lawyer in the yellow pages or by referral?
We believe the best thing is to choose a lawyer based on referral either through a family member, friend or close acquaintance. We recommend even on the referral it is best to meet with the lawyer and specify your needs to his level of expertise. Once you feel comfortable with his advice and of course fees make the best evaluation based on one on one conversation with the lawyer. Also, remember that fees are somewhat negotiable and nothing is set in stone.
2. What are typical lawyer fees?There are different fees for different lawyers, these can be based on level of expertise and difficulty of the task at hand. There are fees for court related issues paperwork, documents, etc. You can also cap the amount or try to receive a fixed rate but for the most part the fees are generally based on hourly rates. Also, the are no win no pay situations where payment to the lawyer is only received on a successful ending in your favor. We recommend to squash these matters at the beginning so there is no out of pocket nightmare that can occur during trial or at the the end of consultation or trial.
3. Can a lawyer be dismissed by the client?There are different rules and regulation according to states and territories. Make sure to evaluate your expectations along with the lawyers. You should be realistic in your expectation levels and not be disappointed with certain outcomes. If you have a problem or problems persist, you can file a written complaint and it will be handled through appropriate chains of command.
4. Is it wise to get a lawyer involved when starting a new business with partners?Typically, when there are partners in business handshakes are a thing of the past and having a written agreement between partners can alleviate the stress of control and how the money and responsibility is delegated. It also ensures how funds are split on merges or the selling of the business if that was ever to come into play. Legal representation can help avoid employee issues, legal snares and avoidance of typical business mishaps.
5. Do I need a lawyer or can I represent myself?
There is no law that states otherwise but be aware that trying to learn the law and its ever-changing guidelines can be a very difficult task. Many people don't have the time or patience to dedicate themselves to learning and most just don't have the time. If something is overlooked there is high probability that you can lose the case and cause more harm then good. Always ask the advice of people you are close to and evaluate the pros and cons of this decision carefully.
Answers provided by Internet Lawyer Directory
Consumer Safety and Information
Internet Fraud Information - www.usa.gov
View current trends in consumer fraud and identity theft.
Consumer Broadband - www.broadband.gov
The Consumer Broadband Test.
Computers and the Internet - www.ftc.gov
Provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against Internet fraud.
Open Internet - www.openinternet.gov
A place to join the discussion about the important issues.
Privacy in the Internet Economy - www.cio.gov
Protects Consumer Privacy in the Internet Economy.
Visit our Credit Card Fraud section for useful information.