Questions and Answers:Surfing is a unique and spontaneous sport. Whether you want to check weather conditions and surf reports or locate the best retailer for custom surfboards, the Internet is a great resource for everything surfing. From satellite maps to webcams of popular beaches around the world, finding the right website for the surf conditions or gear you are looking for is not always easy. To simplify and streamline all you surfing needs, we at InfoFAQ have asked the experts some frequently asked questions about finding surfing information online.
Frequently Asked Questions About Surfing Online
1) I've always wanted to try surfing but I don't have the money for a new board. Can I find second-hand surfboards for sale online?
Yes you can. A great website to check out is http://www.boardhunt.com/. You can buy new or used boards, or even sell your old board on this website.
2) I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to teach myself to surf. Where can I find private lessons online?
It depends upon where you're hoping to surf. California is a very popular surfing destination with lots of available instruction. Check out http://learntosurfla.com/html/index.htm to schedule a lesson in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Malibu, Zuma, Manhattan or El Porto.
3) I want to keep up on the latest news in the surfing world. Is there a good website that can keep me informed?
Yes. One great website to check out is http://www.surfingmagazine.com/. It offers videos, photos, news, and information on their monthly magazine.
4) I have a used surfboard, but no accessories. What else do I need to be ready for the waves?
There are several things besides a board that you will want/need. Check out http://www.surfing-waves.com/Dept/surfing-accessories/. They have everything you can imagine including wax, helmets, bags, leashes, and more.
5) I live a few miles from the beach, but I don't have a car to transport my board. Is there any way to connect my board to my bike?
Actually there's a great option. Visit http://www.surfboardracks.com/ to view several cheap attachments for connecting your board to your bike.
Consumer Safety and Information
Surfing EPA's - nepis.epa.gov
A Consumer Guide to Water Web Sites.
Surf - ago.mo.gov
Provides a list of government and private agencies that can help on consumer matters.
FTC - www.ftc.gov
Coordinates Internet Surf Days.
Cold Water Surfing - www.surfingvancouverisland.com
Canadian cold water surfing info, great weather and wave links, surf shop directory.
Surfcast - www.prh.noaa.gov
Hawaiian Surf Forecast for Oahu.
Visit our Credit Card Fraud section for useful information.