Question: Why Are Vegetables So Important For Fat Loss?
Answer: Veggies are perfect for those who want to lose fat. If there's any one type of food that I believe is the most helpful to fat loss, it's vegetables. Here's why:
1. They are very low in calories. You'd have to eat 5 bags of spinach, or 3 heads of broccoli, to equal the calories of just 1 cup of pasta or 1 tiny tablespoon of butter. So, you absolutely do not have to go hungry on tiny portions when you load up on veggies. In fact, it's almost impossible to eat too many.
2. They are high in fiber. This is both good for your digestion and good for weight loss as that fiber expands in the stomach, making you feel full and satisfied. A bowl of spinach has 8 grams of fiber, about 1/3 of your daily requirement. Broccoli, green peas, and other green leafy vegetables are also good sources of fiber.
3. They have almost NO adverse effects on blood sugar levels. While it's still a good idea to balance veggies out with a protein source, even eaten alone they're okay because they don't cause an increase in insulin.
4. And finally, they're loaded with vitamins and minerals and other very beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants and phytonutrients, that will help you look and feel better, fight off disease, and improve your overall health.
However, you shouldn't load up on vegetables early in the day because they don't offer enough energy. I tried and tested this myself; I ate veggies and protein at each meal and it was extremely effective…until about the second or third day. I found I couldn't workout, I didn't feel good, I was crabby and dizzy…In fact, I couldn't even function and, as I'm sure you'd agree, that's no way to live. What's the point in being lean if you feel terrible?
We want you to feel great so we encourage you to load your system up with natural starchy carbs, and/or some fruit, early in the day and then later transition to fibrous carbs. This way you're giving your body the energy it needs for the entire day early on, and then you're switching to fibrous carbs as you become less active and move towards night-time when you sleep.
You'll also find that you have less sugar cravings at night when you eat the right types of carbs at the right times of the day, so there are many reasons this is so important.
Key Points to remember:
1. Fibrous carbs are extremely effective for fat loss, but that doesn't mean they should be your primary carb source at every meal.
2. Load your system up with natural starchy carbs, and/or some fruit, early in the day and then later transition to fibrous carbs.
Answered by: FITeraCategories: Fitness Health And Nutrition Workout Videos View All Questions