Ansell Sandel Medical
Sandel Medical Company Profile
Company Name: Ansell Sandel Medical Solutions, LLC
Company Founder: Dan Sandel
Years in Business: 13 Years
Business Address: 19736 Dearborn Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311
Business Phone: 818-534-2500
Toll Free Phone Number: 866-764-3327
Completed InfoFAQ Exclusive Interview: 1/22/2010
InfoFAQ Exclusive Interview: "Medical Safety Products" , Orange Workplace Safety Products
Company Information: Ansell Sandel Medical Information
Website: Ansell Sandel Medical Website
Parent Company: Ansell Website
Payment Methods: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, DISCOVER
Merchant Category: Healthcare Safety, Medical Safety Products
Main Products and Services: Patient and Staff safety products designed to Reduce Medication Errors, Wrong-Site Surgery, Sharps Injuries, Back Injuries, and Slips, Trips and Falls. - Ansell Sandel Medical
Company Description: "Sandel Medical Industries is committed to providing innovative products that address safety issues for patients and healthcare staff." - Ansell Sandel Medical
Company History: Sandel Medical Industries history represents a story of successful innovation of Patient and Staff Safety Products. Founded in 2002, the company was built on the following principles:
1. To seek out unresolved safety issues in the Operating Room as defined by perioperative nurses and healthcare professionals; and
2. To develop and manufacture practical "Problem-Solving" products that address Patient and Staff Safety.
"From a modest beginning when Sandel's total line consisted of only two new and innovative products in 2002, we now manufacture and market over 100 products that were previously unavailable to the industry. Sandel is able to address now provides safety solutions to hospitals and surgery centers everywhere." - Ansell Sandel Medical
Quote From the Owner: "At Sandel we're as dedicated to your safety as we are to the safety of your patients. One without the other just isn't enough." - Dan Sandel, Consultant
Most Popular Products:
Engineered Sharps Injury Prevention (ESIP) Products
Engineered Sharps Injury Prevention (ESIP) Products are designed to prevent healthcare employees such as doctors and nurses from accidentally hurting themselves with sharp medical tools. This line of products includes Neutral Zone mats for surgical tools, Hands-Free Transfer Trays, Change-A-Blade™, Scalpel Disarmer™, and Safety Scalpels. Each product has been crafted to help avoid injuries from surgical scissors, needles, scalpels, and other sharp medical tools.
Ergonomic Workplace Safety Products
Sandel Medical Industries' Ergonomic Workplace Safety Products are used to eliminate work-related injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. The use of Sandel's Egro-Stand EZ™ Anti-Fatigue Mats, Z-Slider™ Patient Transfer Sheets, Ergo-Step™ Stools, Trip-No-More™, Standel™ Sit-Stand, and DriFloor™ Absorbent Pads reduces strains and stress. As a result, they promote a safer work environment for employees and executives alike.
With the goal of eliminating medication misidentification, Sandel developed the Correct Medication Labeling System™. This effective labeling system can be used for medicine containers and cups, as well as basins and syringes. Special markers and Proprietary ID Flags are also available.
TIME OUT® Products
As recommended by The Joint Commission's Universal Protocol, doctors and nurses sometimes take breaks during surgical procedures. TIME OUT™ products remind those working in operating rooms to take these recommended breaks, and to reenter the correct site and continue working on the correct patient upon their return. Sandel's TIME OUT™ products include No-Roll Skin and Permanent Markers, Correct Site™ Tattoos and Stickers, TIME OUT Beacon™, TIME OUT Sleeve™, TIME OUT Hood™, and TIME OUT Safety Kit™.
Specimen Handling System
Sandel's Specimen Handling System™ helps prevent misdiagnoses and errors caused by misidentification. Sandel accomplishes this goal by manufacturing sheet sets, labels, and containers in colors other than the typical blue used in myriad healthcare offices, medical clinics, and hospitals. Specimen Handling System™ products are available through Custom Procedural Tray (CPT) Providers.
1. Z-Write Lite™
2. Keep-It-Up™ System
3. Z-Suture Saddle Bag™
4. Z-Friction Drape™
5. Z-Cord Holder™
Publications or Articles Mentioned in:
- ABC's Private Practice (Jan. 13th 2010) - Used our bright orange products in their Operating Room scene to depict real-life safety procedures before surgery
- OR Today Magazine - Feb 2010 - Product News
- Surgical Products Magazine - Sept. 2009 - ESP Awards Nomination (Excellence in Surgical Products) - Our Change-A-Blade was nominated.
- Healthcare Purchasing News Magazine - Aug 2009 - Products mentioned in their article, "Get Sharp About Safety."
- Healthcare Purchasing News Magazine - July 2009 - Products mentioned in their article, "From simple to high-tech, solutions help slash patient safety risks"
- Outpatient Surgery Magazine - Jan 2008 - Features our Safety Scalpel - "Making the Cut: The actual size and actual benefit of today's leading safety scalpels"
Awards and Recognition
Sandel Medical Industries, LLC - Leaders in Healthcare Safety
1. North America
2. South Pacific
4. Saudi Arabia/So. Caribbean/Pacific Rim
Jenefer Pardy-Director, Sales & Marketing
Barrie, Ontario, Canada L4M 5K3
Phone: 705 726 938
James Cunningham-Customer Service Manager
Phone: 705-720-1902 x 1 for customer service
Phone: 888-420-1902 x 1 for customer service
Distromex, A.S. de C.V.
Bondojito #340 Col. Las Americas
Mexico, DF 01120
Phone: 011 52 55 5277 1048
Fax: 011 52 55 5277 0342
South Pacific Section
Medical + Optical
Artarmon, NSW 2064 - Australia
Phone: 61 2 9439 6677
Fax: 61 2 9439 8855
Surgico Medical & Surgical Ltd.
North Shore City, New Zealand
3660 Stenlose, Denmark
Phone: 45 4819 5401
Fax: 45 4819 5402
O'LM Surgical Supplies (Oleary Medical)
Kibarrack, Dublin 5 - Ireland
Phone: 353 1 839 5404
Fax: 353 1 839 5406
Interster International B.V.
Phone: +31(0) 75 640 26 06
Rua da Paz, Ed. Park no 66
Sala 43/44 4050-461 Porto, Portugal
Phone: 351 22 608 03 80
Fax: 351 22 608 03 89
Saudi Arabia/So. Caribbean/Pacific Rim
500 Capitol Drive
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Verified Memberships & Affiliations
Professional Memberships and Affiliations for Sandel Medical
- InfoFAQ Expert Merchant
- AORN (Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses) - Sandel is the original, exclusive sponsor of AORN's Patient Safety First program.
- The Joint Commission - Sandel's Correct Medication Labeling System™ products are fully in compliance with The Joint Commission's 2010 requirements.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) - Sandel's Ergonomic Workplace Safety Products are manufactured according to the guidelines and standards requirements directed by OSHA.
- American College of Surgeons - Sandel's Engineered Sharps Injury Prevention (ESIP) products are designed to promote the safety of patients and healthcare employees as outlined by the American College of Surgeons.
- AST (Association of Surgical Technologists) - Sandel's Specimen Handling System™ products have been specifically created to prevent the consequences of mishandling patients' specimens, as publicized by the Association of Surgical Technologists.
- ISIPS (International Sharps Injury Prevention Society) - ISIPS promotes Sandel Medical Industries' medical workplace safety products.
If you challenge any representation
or credential shown here
please state the reason for your challenge and we will investigate . . .
Merchant Exception Form
What is the definition of an expert?
"An expert is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of knowledge, technique, or skill whose judgment is accorded authority and status by the public or their peers." -Webster'sIf you would like to add your expertise in this field and be added to our program please fill out our online verification form.
If you have any comments regarding this expert please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org The business and its owner and all information below has been reviewed and verified by our InfoFAQ staff. All information is supplied by the business owner and then cross referenced and checked by InfoFAQ. Questions and Answer Interviews were performed by staff at InfoFAQ.
Visit our Credit Card Fraud section for useful information.